Knee pain affects a lot of people in the world daily. Ranging from kids to older people, it has become among the most common reasons to visit orthopedics.
There is a vast range of causes that can cause individuals to suffer from knee pain. A number of the most common causes include:
- Bursitis – is caused because of irritation from the bursa. Repeated falls bending of the knee, and excessive use of it can cause swelling and pain.
- Dislocation – both the bones and the joints can get dislocated because of accidents, repeated movement or sudden impacts. Though it may be treated quickly, it can bring great pain.
- Iliotibial (IT) band syndrome – This is caused due to excess participation in activities. It induces the IT ring tough cells to get vulnerable due to repeated pressure.
- Tears of tendons, cartilage and menisci – Any wear and tear of those constructions of soft tissue can bring in sensations of enormous pain to the knee region. Repeated movements and pressure further boost the pain.
- Osgood-Schalatter Disease – It is a state that could affect kids as their bones haven’t changed yet. It may affect the tendon joining the kneecap into the shin.
- Osteoarthritis – It becomes more common with age. It can cause swelling and aching of the knees due to activity. It may also may the joints stiff.
- Patellar tendinitis – This may be caused due to overdoing workouts inducing the joints to swell up. It’s also called jumper’s knee’.
[adinserter name=”Between Paragraph”]
- Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome – It’s caused because of tightness of the nerves, nerves, and problems with alignment. Apart from pain, it may cause locking of their knees.
- Other causes – Some of the other causes of knee pain are infections, sprains, ligament tears, tendon tears, rheumatoid and crystalline arthritis, patellachondromalacia, osteochondritis, gout, Baker’s cyst, fracture and tumor.
[adinserter name=”Above Smart List Buttons”]
[adinserter name=”Under Smart List Buttons”]